BJ Schaknowski, CEO of symplr joins the aSaaSins pod to talk about:
- How BJ helped me "flip the switch" from being a disengaged poor performer to becoming a top performer at Intuit.
- BJ's guidance on effective leadership and the importance of balancing the "what" (work output) with the "how" (how we accomplish those objectives).
- The importance of being direct and helping your teammates understand the "why" behind your actions.
- The value and importance of bringing your authentic self to work, maintaining a learning mindset, and building a diverse and balanced team.
- BJ's decision to join and lead symplr, his noble purpose, and the opportunity to achieve better health outcomes through the business he's building.
- What should first time founders be thinking about if they want to start a venture in healthcare.
BJ Schaknowski is a seasoned software industry executive, with over 20 years of experience in leadership roles across a wide variety of operating functions. Before joining symplr, BJ served as the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer at Vertafore, the world's leading provider of insurance technology. Prior to that, BJ spent four years at LexisNexis Software Solutions in progressively ascending roles, culminating as its SVP Marketing, Sales & Services. He held numerous senior and global leadership roles earlier in his career at CA Technologies, Intuit, and Sage Software.BJ brings his dedication to creating balanced value and outcomes for employees, customers, and shareholders to the symplr community. He earned a BA in Communications from the State University of New York at Geneseo and his MBA at the University of Georgia – Terry College of Business. BJ served in the United States Marine Corps infantry as an enlisted reservist for 8 years. He lives in Denver with his wife, Heather, and two children.
Justin plays 'Money Morning Quarterback' on Pano AI's $20M round to help fight wildfires
Laura joins the show to talk about building a real, profitable, company before raising capital